Lavender Dream pillows can be used to help you relax and have peaceful sleep. Dream pillows have been used for years to help promote sleep and for other medicinal purposes like relieving headaches.

Lavender can help relieve headaches and can be combined with roses, mugwort, jasmine and other herbs or herbal supplements. You will need to experiment to find the perfect combination. Many people just like lavender by itself.

Herbs you use to make dream pillows have a subtle fragrance unlike strong scents you use to scent a room or freshen linens. The scent of the herbs inside of the pillow is released as you move during sleep.

You will need to make a small pouch to put your herbs in. If you don't want to make one you can get a 4" x 6" muslin bag with a drawstring closure. If you want to remove the herbs at some point a drawstring bag is the easiest thing to use. It doesn't really have to look pretty unless you want it to because you will be putting it inside of your regular pillowcase.

Try one of these herb combinations or use 3/4 cup of dried lavender buds only.

-------------------------------------------------

  • 1/4 cup of mugwort
  • 1/4 cup of dried lavender buds
  • 1/4 cup of hops
-------------------------------------------------
  • 1/4 cup of rose petals or crushed buds
  • 1/4 cup of dried lavender buds
  • 1/4 cup of Chamomile
-------------------------------------------------

Have you made a dream pillow before? What is your favorite combination of herbs and how do you think it makes a difference in your sleep or how you dream?

Need lavender buds?


Print this Article

25 comments

  1. Anonymous // December 4, 2008 at 12:53 AM  

    thanks for posting this valuable information!

  2. Anonymous // January 16, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

    I didn't know such a thing as a Dream pillow exist. But I like the idea behind it and I think I'm gonna try it out one of these days.

  3. Anonymous // January 18, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

    I wonder if I can lay my head on this pillow...Wow
    looks great for me..I'll try this experience sometime, thank you.

  4. Anonymous // January 18, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

    I wonder if I can lay my head on this pillow...Wow
    looks great for me..I'll try this experience sometime, thank you.

  5. Anonymous // January 22, 2009 at 5:39 AM  

    It must be a great feeling to lay on a bed and feel the scent of lavender. I wonder what would my hubby say - I think nothing. He can smell only baked beef :)

  6. Anonymous // January 30, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

    Could this cause problems to allergy sufferers, or is there a way around it?

  7. Anonymous // February 3, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

    I always wanted to get such a pillow but I'm not really sure that this won't provoke some kind of allergy?

    -Ricardo

  8. Anonymous // February 9, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

    very nice and informative blog. thanks for sharing your knowledge and skills.

  9. Anonymous // February 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

    Thanks for the information and it is really very useful.

  10. Anonymous // February 16, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

    who would have known i could learn so much about lavender in a day

  11. Anonymous // February 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

    thanks for the instruction., looks it can take me to a deep sleep which i really do need this time.

  12. Anonymous // February 22, 2009 at 5:32 AM  

    The smell of Lavender is so relaxing. We have it growing in the garden so I'll be sure to make use of it, great gift idea.

  13. Anonymous // February 23, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

    Hi Nice Blog .Thank you

  14. Anonymous // February 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

    Lavender and lavender oil are also known to have anti-aging properties when used as part of Aromatherapy.

  15. Anonymous // February 27, 2009 at 5:36 AM  

    I made one just like this for my daughter - she loved it. She can't sleep without it now. I'm waiting for more designs/ideas.

  16. Anonymous // February 27, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

    I have actually used Lavender for my dogs. The groomer that I take my dog to has a range of spa products for dogs and lavender is a key ingredient in a few of those products.

  17. Anonymous // March 1, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

    I have found lavender to be excellent for a restful nights sleep. We have a small packets within the pillows.
    I highly recommend it.

  18. Anonymous // March 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

    Iv'e always wanted to know what the name of that flower was that came in the spring? It smells like lavendar and they blow in the street everywhere. LOVELY. IS it called the lavendar flower. THis is killing me cause I can't remember! LOL

  19. Anonymous // March 3, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

    Wow..Now i can dream of lavender =) never thought of that idea thank!

  20. Anonymous // March 3, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

    Yes lavender is my favorite color, thanks for the excellent idea.

  21. Rein Valdez // April 8, 2009 at 4:21 AM  

    Nice lavender pillow. Great post together with the instruction. :)

    I noticed that you have a lavender theme and topic. Keep it up. Congratulations.

  22. Discount Sunglasses // April 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

    I've had trouble sleeping for the past couple months, but i never wanted to resort to taking medications for it. when i went to my doctor he suggested that i put a little spot of lavender oil on my pillow. the only bad thing about that is it stains my sheets! so i really love this post its a great idea and so informative. THANKS!

  23. goodtherapy.org // April 24, 2009 at 4:26 AM  

    A great idea of my dream pillow, but i am not sure how long the pillow made from lavender is going to last?
    I think you have to make your dream pillow every night, which will be a expensive dream. :)

  24. Nieruchomosci Gryfino // June 29, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

    I had my daughter make it as a punishment (not because it's horrible or anything - she just behaved badly and this was my way of giving her detention) and halfway through she actualy started enjoying making it. It's amazing!

  25. fabric sofas // May 24, 2011 at 10:37 PM  

    What a cool combination of herbs. Thanks for sharing this.