Supplies Needed:

  • Soap base or soap scraps
  • lavender essential oil
  • dried lavander buds, chopped or crushed
  • rolled oats
  • wax paper
  • cookie sheet
If you do not have any soap base to work with collect scraps of soap until you have enough to make a medium-size soap ball.

Instructions:

Soak the soap scraps in a medium-size bowl with just enough water to soften them.

Add a few drops of lavendar essential oil.

Add a small amount of rolled oats and some dried lavender buds.

Mix everything with your hands and re-shape the mixture into a soap ball.

Place your soap ball, or balls if you have enough to make more, on a cookie sheet that has been lined with wax paper to dry.

If you want your soap ball(s) to dry faster you can put the cookie sheet in a heated over. Preheat your oven to 200° and then turn it off. Then place the cookie sheet inside.

For a smoother soap ball(s) you can omit the rolled oats and dried lavander buds.


Print this Article

14 comments

  1. Anonymous // November 17, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

    Oh nice. I love lavender and I love soap. I think I will have to take a few minutes this week and make this soap. It seems easy and quick. Thanks for the tips.

  2. Anonymous // January 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

    This is a really cool idea. This seems really easy and quick. I think ill have to try it as well... the only problem now is to find the lavender!

  3. Anonymous // January 30, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

    Any way to make them more attractive?

  4. Anonymous // February 19, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

    I love it, and it seems simple to do .. I have to try it .. maybe I can to do in the weekend, i hope..

  5. Anonymous // March 2, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

    This is quite cool instruction. Thanks a lot!

  6. Anonymous // March 7, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

    Great tip for using up my lavender bush. I love lavender and am glad to have discovered this site.

  7. Anonymous // March 14, 2009 at 5:44 AM  

    Nice, keep posting such stuff in the future as well. We will be looking at you. :) Thanks

  8. Anonymous // March 17, 2009 at 5:07 AM  

    Great post, very informative. I think a lot of people will find this very useful.

  9. Anonymous // March 19, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

    I am really glad that I found your site.. Thanks so much for the helpful information.

  10. Pozycjonowanie Poznan // April 22, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

    It looks pretty disguisting once it's done but it smells amazing. Great tutorial, thanks.

  11. ase certification // June 1, 2009 at 3:40 AM  

    Wow its looks nice, i like it. Thank for sharing soap ball method.

  12. testking 000-331 // June 19, 2009 at 1:27 AM  

    Its informative, in which you described the whole method easy.... with this now everybody can do it.

  13. Replica Sunglasses // June 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

    That was surprisingly simple to make! I really got a kick out of this, and I think that my mom would too! It would be cute to even make these into little soap molds, so that you get different shapes and designs.

  14. testking HP0-Y20 // July 15, 2009 at 6:34 AM  

    Its excellent, I love that lavender to have and discovered this site.